Because the battle between Israel and Gaza enters its thirteenth day, listed here are the principle developments.
right here is state of affairs Thursday October 19, 2023:
- An Israeli air raid in southern Gaza, close to Rafah, killed not less than 30 folks and injured 21 others.
- Israel struck Hezbollah positions in southern Lebanon on Thursday morning. A minimum of two folks had been reportedly injured.
- A minimum of 5 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli raids within the occupied West Financial institution.
- Palestinian safety forces in Ramallah fired tear fuel and stun grenades among the many demonstrators who threw stones and chanted slogans towards President Mahmoud Abbas.
- About 300 protesters from the human rights group Jewish Voice for Peace calling for a ceasefire had been arrested after occupying one block of the U.S. Capitol advanced on Wednesday.
- Israeli forces stormed not less than two cities within the occupied West Financial institution, arresting suspected Hamas members.
- International protests in help of Palestine proceed: 1000’s gathered within the Philippines and demonstrators close to the US embassy in Lebanon clashed with police.
- The demise toll in Gaza stands at 3,478 killed whereas 12,065 others had been injured. Within the occupied West Financial institution, 69 folks had been killed and 1,300 injured. In Israel, not less than 1,400 folks have been killed and three,800 injured for the reason that Hamas assaults on October 7.
- Israel issued new evacuation orders, ordering Gazans to maneuver south alongside the coast the place humanitarian assist could be out there.
- Gaza’s solely most cancers hospital, the Turkish-Palestinian Friendship Hospital, is situated on the about to shut damaged down resulting from lack of gas.
- British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak landed in Tel Aviv to satisfy Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Isaac Herzog. Sunak will go to Herzog’s residence at 11:00 a.m. (08:00 GMT).
- The American President Joe Biden visiting Tel Aviv on Wednesday to increase its help to Israel. He supported the Israeli model of the horrific bombing of the Arab al-Ahli hospital in Gaza, which claimed it was instigated by Palestinian teams.
- Biden additionally stated he had reached an settlement with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi to authorize humanitarian assist in Gaza by Friday.
- However on Wednesday, The US vetoed a United Nations Safety Council decision calling for humanitarian assist to be despatched to Gaza.
- Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida made a sequence of telephone calls to the leaders of Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia. Talking to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, he expressed outrage over the hospital assault and introduced $10 million in assist to the Palestinians.
- Russia introduced that it will present 27 tons of humanitarian assist to Gaza.
- Chinese language President Xi Jinping instructed Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly that Beijing desires to “strengthen cooperation” with Egypt for “stability” within the Center East area.
Enterprise and financial system
- Asian markets fell on fears that the Israel-Hamas disaster may escalate right into a broader Center East battle or all-out struggle.
- Wall Avenue’s three principal indexes completed within the crimson. Asia adopted swimsuit, with Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney, Seoul and Singapore down greater than 1%, in line with Reuters.
- Losses had been additionally seen in Shanghai, Manila, Jakarta and Wellington.