These Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts are flavorful, candy, and roasted to perfection, making them the right facet dish in your desk this season!
Thanksgiving and Christmas are proper across the nook and when you’re like me, you are most likely already planning your menu! Guys, these Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts are actually All you’ve got at all times needed in a vacation facet dish. I imply, to start with, they’re extremely scrumptious (and completely addictive too, I need to add), they’re each savory and candy whereas additionally being a a lot more healthy choice alongside all these different decadent dishes traditional, and the purple and inexperienced colours make it the right festive one. addition to your desk!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Only a few easy elements wanted for a wholesome and scrumptious facet dish!
- The proper stability of candy and savory flavors.
- You’ll love these caramelized and crispy Brussels sprouts!
- Good addition to your vacation desk or weekday dinner.
Elements you will want
- Brussels sprouts – search for smaller Brussels sprouts with vivid inexperienced leaves as they’re sweeter and properly crispy. In case you are utilizing bigger Brussels sprouts, I like to recommend chopping them into quarters so that they get crispy. Be happy so as to add different greens like cauliflower, squash, candy potatoes, onion or carrots.
- olive oil – that is what we use to make Brussels sprouts good and crispy.
- pomegranate juice + seeds – we use pomegranate juice to make the scrumptious glaze in addition to pomegranate seeds (also referred to as arils) for a candy pop of taste and colour to this facet dish. You may also use cranberry juice and recent cranberries as a substitute.
- Honey – provides somewhat sweetness in addition to somewhat caramelization to the greens, however be at liberty to make use of maple syrup as a substitute of honey when you’re vegan.
- balsamic vinegar – provides such a wealthy, tangy taste with a contact of acidity and be sure to use a top quality product balsamic vinegar for the most effective outcome.
- garlic – you should utilize freshly chopped garlic cloves or minced garlic from the jar, however recent garlic is greatest!
- Pine nuts – provides a scrumptious crunch, however you can even use pecans, walnuts, or every other kind of nut you like.
- salt + black pepper
Tips on how to Make Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Wash and minimize the Brussels. I prefer to trim the ends, eradicating any free outer leaves, then minimize them in half lengthwise so that they get actually crispy and tender.
- Throw them away ! Unfold the Brussels sprouts in a good layer on a big baking sheet and drizzle with somewhat olive oil, tossing them so they’re evenly coated. Be happy to line the baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for simple cleanup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place within the oven at 425 levels F.
- It is time to roast. Let the Brussels sprouts cook dinner within the oven for about quarter-hour, shake the pan effectively, then return them to the oven to cook dinner for one more quarter-hour.
- Put together the pomegranate glaze. Whereas the Brussels sprouts roast, whisk collectively the pomegranate juice, honey, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a small saucepan on the range and convey to a boil. Cut back warmth to medium and simmer the combination for about 5 to eight minutes, till the sauce thickens and is syrupy.
- Toast the pine nuts. When the Brussels sprouts have about 5 or 6 minutes left, sprinkle the pine nuts on the baking sheet and allow them to roast with the Brussels sprouts which is able to give them much more taste!
- Able to serve! Switch the Brussels sprouts from the baking sheet to a baking dish and drizzle the pomegranate balsamic glaze on prime, tossing to mix. Switch to a big bowl or serving platter, sprinkle with recent pomegranate arils and toasted pine nuts. Style and add further salt and pepper, if vital. Recognize!
Preparation and storage
These roasted Brussels sprouts are greatest loved instantly after roasting, as that’s when they’re the crispiest. Nevertheless, be at liberty to retailer leftovers in an hermetic, hermetic container within the fridge till 3 days. To reheat them, merely reheat them within the microwave or fry them within the air fryer.
Extra Vacation Facet Dishes to Make
- Sausage, apple and herb stuffing
- Vacation Glazed Acorn Squash
- Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
- Winter Kale and Quinoa Salad
- The Good Cheese Platter for the Holidays
- Lightened Inexperienced Bean Casserole
I hope you all get pleasure from these Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts and when you love this recipe as a lot as we do, go away me a 5 star ranking beneath and remember to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Complete time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and minimize in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to style
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
For the icing:
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Minced garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 425 levels F.
- Unfold the Brussels sprouts in a good layer on a big baking sheet and drizzle with somewhat olive oil, tossing them so they’re evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts within the oven for about quarter-hour, shake the pan effectively or toss the Brussels sprouts with a spoon, then return them to the oven to cook dinner for one more quarter-hour.
- Whereas the Brussels sprouts roast, whisk collectively the pomegranate juice, honey, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a small saucepan on the range and convey to a boil. Cut back the warmth to medium and let the combination boil for about 5 to eight minutes, till the sauce thickens and is syrupy.
- When the Brussels sprouts have about 5 or 6 minutes left, sprinkle the pine nuts on the baking sheet and allow them to roast till the Brussels sprouts are golden and crispy.
- Switch the Brussels sprouts from the baking sheet to a plate and drizzle the pomegranate glaze on prime, tossing to mix. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, toasted pine nuts, and extra salt/pepper, if wanted!
- Portion: 1/4th of the recipe
- Energy: 260
- Sugar: 27.1 g
- Sodium: 194 mg
- Fats: 9.8g
- Saturated fats: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 41.2g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Protein: 7.4g
*Please be aware that every one dietary data is estimates solely. Values fluctuate between manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate them your self for extra correct outcomes.
The submit workplace Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts appeared